Re: normal MUA app

El día Thursday, April 02, 2015 a las 09:03:18AM +0200, Roberto Resoli escribió:

> > Sorry, this was to fast. It does work in the sense of IMAP and SMTP; but
> > it is nearly unuseable:
> >
> > - it allows read and/or delete of mail via IMAP
> > - it allows to submit mail via SMTP
>
> Could you clarify why are you regarding these as issues?

Sorry, but I have not said that the above two points are an issue; I
just wanted to mention that this works as expected;

> > - it does top posting on reply
>
> Yes, this is an issue for me as well, but you can skip after the
> citation (and shortening it is often necessary, anyway)

Yes, but the citated text should be marked with '> ' in all lines and
the cursor should be place below the text, but above the signature of
my signature;

> > - I found no way on reply to delete and or otherwise
> >   edit the mail without removing any single char by DEL key stroke
>
> You can select the block of text to delete. I agree that this is
> decidedly not handy (not only inside Dekko, but in general. The
> mechanism of text selection has to be improved all over the platform)

I'm missing vi/ex-commands here to say something like 10dd to remove the
next 10 lines :-)

> > - I found no way to switch off this guessing of words when I type and using
> >   at the end of typing a word which I never wanted to send
>
> Switched language? Tried to configure keyboard behaviour for word
> prediction?

Please explain what I should try.

> > - I could not disable the footer about Sent from Dekko ...
>
> Have you seen my recent post on this? Recreate your default identity
> clearing the default signature or writing yours.

What is the default identity? No, I have not seen your post; I'm new to
this list, subscribed since last friday, I think.

Thanks for your answer in any case.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."