My new bq Aquaris 4.5 useless after OTA update today

Hi

On Monday I received my new Ubuntu phone. Everything was fine. This morning I saw an OTA system update and proceeded to install it.

Now the phone has gone into a loop switching on and off every few seconds and showing the bq screen, but it never boots. :( :(

Additional info:

 * I plugged in the charger before starting the update.
 * The phone listed several app updates in addition to the system
   update (v. 20), but I only requested to download the system update.
 * I left the phone while it was downloading. After a few minutes I
   unlocked the screen, checked that the download was complete, and
   requested 'install'.
 * The phone promptly rebooted, showing a large Ubuntu spinning logo.
   This continued for approximately 10 minutes.
 * The phone then rebooted showing the bq logo for a fairly long time
   (approximately 1-2 minutes, not sure)
 * Then it rebooted once more, this time into a loop where the bq logo
   flashes on and stays for 10 seconds, turns off and repeats.

This is the state the phone is in now. I guess I will just have to let it continue until the battery dies and then wait for a response to this email.

I certainly hope other Ubuntu phone owners are not experiencing the same thing!

Best regards,
Ari

Follow ups