Re: My new bq Aquaris 4.5 useless after OTA update today

Ari,

That does sound unfortunate. From the evidence of our sever logs (and lots
of reports seen of success), I am hopeful your situation is very rare.

A couple of questions if I may:

 - Had you experimented with making the image writable? I don't think the
effects should be as catastrophic as you note, but there's a first time for
everything.

 - I have seen bootloops as you mention when the device is in a very low
power state, and trying to charge via a USB socket attached to a PC (So
it's also *trying* to do other things). Are you using the charger from the
box to power it, or something else? It seems that once the device is
somewhat charged, it recovers.

If the device does not come back to normality, this is one reset option you
could try:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/602035/how-do-i-use-ubuntu-device-flash-with-the-bq-aquaris-e4-5

(it will wipe your phone). You might also approach BQ support - they are at
least going to know if yours is the only report they've seen of this
problem, which might help us to diagnose it.