power consumption

Hello,

I have to questions related to power consumption:

It seems that the device is never fully in suspend mode. Even with the
display switched off it is alive and, for example, responding on ping or
SSH. Is this by intention?

How can I read, i.e. from which file, the actual power values, like
charging rate, power consumption in V and mA? Or is there even an app for
this? Or I could write something to log this to a file...

Thanks

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."

Follow ups