Re: Landing team 13.04.15

Hi there,

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 07:37:46AM +0200, Heroldich Robin wrote:

> Nice job, I am really looking forward to this OTA update, there are a lot
> of improvments.  I read earlier that the OTA update is not avaiable for
> all users in the same time.  Is there any way to I'll be in the first
> group of users, whose will get the update?  I think it is a good idea, if
> experienced users would apply to be first time testers, for example with
> there Ubuntu One account.  So when end users will get the OTA, it will be
> well-tested by the community too.

It's possible for users to install this image today via the rc channel
(ubuntu-touch/rc/bq-aquaris.en).  Indeed, this is a community
developer-targeted channel which developers are encouraged to use, giving
you a current stable "candidate" image on a biweekly cadence - it's expected
to be stable for routine use, having gone through all the same QA processes
except for the OEM/carrier acceptance step, but is updated more frequently
than we want to push such updates to end users on the stable channel.

For the phased updates used on the stable channel, it is a deliberate choice
to not allow individual users to opt in or out.  The phased updating is an
additional layer of protection on top of our existing pre-release QA,
intended to catch any critical issues that slipped through, and it only
works as intended if phased updating is done randomly across the population.

slangasek@xxxxxxxxxx                                     vorlon@xxxxxxxxxx