Re: Running a Debian chroot on Ubuntu Phone, was: Re: MUA mutt

hi,
Am Freitag, den 17.04.2015, 14:41 +0100 schrieb Chris Croome:

> But the last command fails if I run it on the phone, with the following
> (but it works if I ssh in):
>
>   chroot: failed to run command '/bin/bash': Permission denied
>
> Any hints would be appreciated.

the app confinement gets in your way here, the terminal app, even though
it has more permissions than a normal click package (which is why it
asks you for a password), still operates inside the boundaries of
apparmor.

if you watch syslog while trying to exec a foreign shell script that is
not in a system path you will most likely see apparmor denials. i also
think the chroot command is specifically blocked by apparmor...

ciao
	oli