BQ phone performance

TL;DR: Ubuntu Touch on the bq phone feels annoying slow, is that normal?

I am using the bq phone as my main phone for a while now. I immediately
upgraded to r21 when the phone arrived and am now on r22. A pretty
'standard' user I assume. The latest upgrade really fixed a lot of
annoying bugs but...

My phone freezes a few times a day.

- It's in standby on my desk and I press the power button to read a
message or something. Sometimes it's simply stuck, I can't type my pin
code the screen is frozen. Pressing the power button multiple times (on,
off, on, off) sometimes helps. If not, reboot.

- Sometimes it simply does not wake up when I press the power button.
Black screen. Reboot.

- Sometimes the 'Apps' screen freezes. I can swipe to the other apps but
the Apps screen does not respond. I can not close that app like the
others so I can't simply 'restart the App screen'. Reboot.

- In Podbird pulling down the list to refresh the podcasts list always
hangs somewhere in between, it works, and if I leave it for 10 - 15
seconds it will eventually get there.

- In Podbird the play and pause buttons sometimes don't work. Well, they
work, but it feels like it takes +10 seconds before they registered the
touch event.

Is the bq phone slow and Ubuntu Touch not yet optimized? Is this this
the expected behaviour or is there something wrong with my setup?

Thank you for all the hard work community! Haven't been this excited
about a new smartphone since my iPhone 1!

-- Simon

Follow ups