Landing gates for ubuntu-touch devel now closed

Hello everyone,

In preparation for our vivid/devel based RC image for testing, we have
now closed the landing gates for this channel. Those silos were ready
for QA sign-off already will be tested and landed if testing passes.
This also means that we have disabled the vivid daily auto-builds and
will be triggering those manually whenever a candidate image will be needed.

Sadly we still can't build the RC image for testing purposes. We are
thinking of how to proceed in this situation, but the fix for the Unity8
hang on boot bug [1] still requires some work. And since the fix
involves applying patches to Qt5, this would mean that if we upload it
after already performing some tests, almost all of the regression tests
would have to be re-run. And in the same time we also can't consider a
real RC image with this bug still around.

All in all, for now we close the gates from new landings. Any new
landings that would want to get into the overlay PPA during the 'freeze'
will have to be consulted with either the Product Team or the Landing
Team, so be sure to poke any of us on IRC once that happens.

In the planned schedule testing was supposed to start tomorrow and
finish around Tuesday. We'll see if this is still feasible and we'll
keep everyone informed on future decisions.

Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 Foundations Team
 lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 www.canonical.com