Re: How to diagnose a freeze

W dniu 23.04.2015 o 18:59, Cos64 pisze:
> My BQ phone just freezed when I wanted to switch off cellular data.
> After about a minute, the spinning Ubuntu circle appeared on a black
> screen (like the boot screen) and the phone recovered.
> Is there any way I can find out what caused it to freeze? Some log files?

This likely means that the shell crashed. You can go to (language may vary):

System Settings → Privacy and Security → Diagnostics → Previously sent
reports

You'll then see a list of crash reports sent from your device. Access to
them, however, is restricted to members of Ubuntu Bug Control¹ for
security reasons. We're looking at the incoming reports so you don't
have to :)

If you want, please look through /var/log/syslog for the relevant OOPSID
and we'll be able to tell you more about what happened.

¹ https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl

HTH,
--
Michał Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>