Re: bq Aquaris E4.5: GPS doesn't work

El día Thursday, April 23, 2015 a las 06:48:51PM +0100, Sam Bull escribió:

> On Thursday, 23 April 2015 18:04:16 BST, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > If I were you, I would install and test with the app SensorStatus which
> > is the best in the sense of a technical user interface;
>
> This doesn't appear to display any information until you have a GPS fix. If
> I had a GPS fix, it would display my position on the map, and I wouldn't
> need anything more.

If you would have the screens described below, you would for
example know, if your GPS receiver is working at all. I agree that even
the SensorStatus is far away from the needs.

Here is what I was used to have in my beloved Openmoko:

Screenshot-17.png  the GPS data (some of the data is even displayed
before having a fix);

Screenshot-18.png  all satellites, the grey ones are the 'good' ones

Screenshot-19.png  the general admin screen from where you go to
Position;

Something like this is definitely missing in BQ

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211    +49-176-38902045
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."