Re: dekko && deleting mails via IMAPS

On 13/05/15 11:17, Matthias Apitz wrote:
El día Wednesday, May 13, 2015 a las 11:10:11AM +0100, Dan Chapman escribió:

Ok so that proves outlook doesn't respect & display IMAP Deleted flags.

Exchanges IMAP implementation has always been sub par, so I wouldn't
expect everything to work like a decent IMAP compliant server would. :-)

Also with Office365/Exchange they do some weird stuff like expose the
calender, contacts, journal & notes folders over IMAP but they are
completely un-useable on the client side. I really don't get why they do
that. Anyway...

I explained how to expunge the mailbox in the previous message.
("expunge" is the command used to delete the messages)

See below:

To expunge messages marked for deletion you need to go to the mailbox
list view and open the trailing (left swipe) contextual actions on a
mailbox. From there you can run the "Expunge mailbox" action on the
selected mailbox. This is the only place in Dekko that can actually
fully delete messages on the server. This is the same as Thunderbirds
"Compact" action.

HI Dan,

I saw this, but I do not understand where I should do the left swipe :-(
Is 'mailbox list view' the list of all configured mailaccounts or the
view to all mails in one accouont?

The view which lists all mailboxes (folders) belonging to a single account.

1) Open the account switcher drawer (Top left burger icon)
2) Select the account from below the "Accounts" divider and you will see the list of mailboxes for that account
3) Swipe a mailbox to the left to expose the "+" option and tap
4) Tap "Expunge mailbox"

Regards

Dan