Re: rndis networking

El día Thursday, May 14, 2015 a las 01:48:52PM +0200, Ed Kapitein escribió:

> Thanks!
>
> I noticed that that works, but i am using it the other way around, i use
> my PC as a router for the phone.
> And that works too!
> So the phone can work as a dhcpserver, but also as a dhcpclient.
> But somtimes the the dhcpclient part of the phone does not work, failing
> to set the default gateway and the interface address.
>
> As Oliver pointed out, the interface is handled by network manager.
> But i can't seem to find where  10.42.0.1 address comes from, or how i
> can change it to, lets say 192.168.x.y.

The IP addr 10.42.0.1 is set in the rndis0 when the interface comes up
and a DHCP server is started; you should on your side (PC/laptop) run
a DHCP client when the if comes up and not try to change the things the
other way around. The IP on your side will be 10.41.0.19. If you do not
want a DHCP client in your PC, just set this with ifconfig (sometimes I
do when my netbook is connected to Internet via its own Wifi and I do
only want to ssh into the phone to do some thing there). Normaly I use
as root the attached script after enabling rndis in the phone.

Why do you want to connect the phone through the Internet using your PC
as gateway. I'm confused :-)

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211    +49-176-38902045
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."