Landing team 18.05.15

Hello everyone,

Everyone's slowly preparing for the OTA planned at the end of the month.
The list of issues that have been scheduled for this milestone can be
found on the ww22-2015 LP milestone [1]. There are some connectivity
fixes on the way, but not only that - good stuff in overall. With the
release of OTA-4 the stable branch will officially become vivid based.
There's not too many visual changes coming with this switch, but there
are a few things we didn't back-port to 14.09 before.
Of course, the timing all depends on the state of the candidate images,
so no promises on the release date yet.

That being said, we will be closing the landing gates on the 21st of May
- so a bit earlier than normally. QA and others have much more work to
do during this milestone so we want to it play safe.

Today we also worked a bit on bringing back the sync functionality to
the CI Train, for landers. Not all required changes have yet been
deployed in production, but soon everyone should be once again able to
use the sync: syntax in their silos. This would be a temporary
workaround until proper dual-landing tools are ready.

>From sad news: still no commitlogs... we didn't find enough free cycles
yet to fix everything properly, although Oliver was at least able to get
the basic changes-file generation functional. Still some work needs to
be done though.

See you tomorrow!

[1]
https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+milestone/ww22-2015

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#275 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/275.commitlog

#196 vivid/mako
- Missing commitlogs due to manifest switches

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#197 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/197:20150514:20150210/12791/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

None.

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** Wifi list is empty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1416424

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP (timeout for the AP to be
removed is too big, ~6min)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** Vivid image 121: Gps tag is permanently turn off on krillin when the
custom tarball is installed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425625

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307