Re: again battery down to zero

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have again the situation wherein the battery was drained to zero in a bit
> more than one hour;
>
> my every-5-minutes cronjob about date+capacity shows:
>
> Mon May 25 13:04:56 CEST 2015
> battery capacity%: 72
> Mon May 25 13:09:56 CEST 2015
> battery capacity%: 71
> Mon May 25 13:10:01 CEST 2015
> battery capacity%: 71
> Mon May 25 13:25:14 CEST 2015
> battery capacity%: 68
> Mon May 25 13:35:29 CEST 2015
> battery capacity%: 66
> Mon May 25 14:34:13 CEST 2015
> battery capacity%: 12
> Mon May 25 14:53:19 CEST 2015
> battery capacity%: 1
> Mon May 25 14:59:00 CEST 2015
> battery capacity%: 0
> Mon May 25 15:00:01 CEST 2015
> battery capacity%: 0
>
> i.e. between 13:35:29 CEST and 14:53:19 CEST the remaining 66% of the
> capacity have been drained; it does not seem to be a non-suspend issue
> because the cronjob was not run in this period every 5 minutes;
>
> How this looks in the battery graphic is attached.
>
> The syslog of this time can be found here: http://www.unixarea.de/syslog.May25.txt

Your syslog looks fine, and your behaviour is indeed super weird.

Were you able to still turn it on after reproducing such issue and
powering it off? Wonder if the battery status would still be the same
after a reboot.

There is nothing special at our userspace, it's basically getting the
battery data from the kernel directly. So it's either a kernel bug, or
a battery firmware bug, hard to tell from now (I was only able to
reproduce this bug once, and it seems people are also having similar
issues with the Android version of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAmdswKehQ4 ).

> Should I file a bug issue or attach this to an existing one?

Please open a bug against
https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image, adding your
syslog in there as well.

Thanks,