Re: again battery down to zero

El día Monday, May 25, 2015 a las 08:28:05PM -0300, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo escribió:

> > The syslog of this time can be found here: http://www.unixarea.de/syslog.May25.txt
>
> Your syslog looks fine, and your behaviour is indeed super weird.
>
> Were you able to still turn it on after reproducing such issue and
> powering it off? Wonder if the battery status would still be the same
> after a reboot.
>
> There is nothing special at our userspace, it's basically getting the
> battery data from the kernel directly. So it's either a kernel bug, or
> a battery firmware bug, hard to tell from now (I was only able to
> reproduce this bug once, and it seems people are also having similar
> issues with the Android version of it
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAmdswKehQ4 ).

Hello Ricardo,

I contacted BQ.com with this problem and this is what they recommend:

> Dear Mr. Apitz,
>   Thank you for contacting BQ Technical Support.
>
> It sounds like you are experiencing some issues with your battery indicator,
> thus perceiving a low battery autonomy. These issues may be solved by
> calibrating your battery. In order to calibrate the battery, please, use the
> device until the battery has drained to the point of shutting down
> automatically. Basically, use it until it turns itself off.  Ignore any low
> battery alerts that may appear.  Then, recharge the battery without any
> interruptions until it is fully charged to 100%. Verify  the battery indicates
> a 100% both turned on and off.
> We let you know the battery indicator is controlled via software and we are
> currently working on a new update that improves this indicator.
>
> After three or four calibrations following this procedure, you should be able
> to notice improvements. In case the behaviour is still reproducing after the
> calibration and in order to properly diagnose this incidence, please, fully
> charge the device, set the display brightness to a manual level and make a
> normal daily use of it until the battery is 5%. Please, send us a screenshot
> of System Settings> Battery and System Settings> Battery> Display brightness
> by simultaneously pressing the Volume + and Volume - buttons. Also, please,
> let us know the behaviour of the indicator when rebooting. Does it still show
> the same battery percentage?

I do not fully understand this procedure of calibrating. This is what
I always did until now: the battery drained and I recharged it.

Any helping hand who can explain what they want me to do?

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211    +49-176-38902045
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."