owncloud cron

ive set up my owncloud again and have it syncing good now
i have these on a cron tab which ive been told doesnt run unless the phones open .. is there a way to make it run when the screens closed or would i be right in saying if i changed the ron to every five minute it will start syncing as soon as i open my phone anyway? and it shouldnt consume battery as the cron wont run when the screens closed so can run the cron every minute and use the battery?

i have one full data sync set up for every hour which does my photos and music on the SD card and a small app sync that syncs my task app, memories and notes app this one i set to every 15 minutes

my battery i took of charge at 7.30am and the battery lasted to 12pm at night with moderate use so its not chewing battery...

any thoughts

Wayne :)

Follow ups