Re: to make anoymous the BQ E4.5

On Thu, 11 Jun 2015, Olivier Tilloy wrote:
On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 5:31 PM, Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
El jueves, 11 de junio de 2015 16:38:50 (CEST), Simos Xenitellis escribió:

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Marco F <maic23@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Anyhow, in Ubuntu, things are stored in /userdata/.
>>>
>>> sudo rm -rf /userdata/* && sudo reboot
>>>
>>> rally should get you going, which I think is what the factory reset
does

> ... but: call-history, SMS, contacts, mail credentials for Dekko ...
> are stored below ~phablet;

the content of /home/phablet and /userdata/user-data/phablet seem the
same...

They are different mount points to the same location.
All user data is stored in the userdata location.
Ideally, you would perform a factory reset and then, if you wish, check if
there is any file
that was left over.

The factory reset would erase everything in userdata.
Here is the code,

https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~system-settings-touch/ubuntu-system-settings/trunk/files/head:/plugins/reset/
What would be very constructive here, is to perform a Factory Reset,
then connect to the phone with phablet-shell and try to find any remnant
of
private information.

If you find something, file a bug report at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-system-settings
and give the URL here so that we can subscribe to it.

If you do not find something, still tell us so that we know that one more
person had a look into this.

Simos

Thanks. I will perform the above steps, SSH-in again and check what is
leftover; I do already know, in which files are stored:

- Wifi credentials
- contacts (evolution db)
- SMS and call history (mysql db)

Do the web browser store passwords?

No it doesn’t.
It does store navigation history and bookmarks under
~/.local/share/webbrowser-app though (and it has cached data under
~/.cache/webbrowser-app)

Just make sure to shred the data properly. If you just rm the files, they might
only get unlinked but still present on the flash storage.

More secrets were not given in my wife's BQ.

matthias