Re: OSMTouch and pre-fetch tiles

El día Saturday, June 13, 2015 a las 06:00:18PM +0200, Frans Schreuder escribió:

> In fact it doesn't download tiles, but you have to import downloaded
> .osm or .pbf files (from openstreetmaps) using a tool on your PC, this
> tool converts it into a binary format.
>
> sudo apt-add-reporitory ppa:fransschreuder1/osmscout-import
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install libosmscoutimportgui0
> OSMScoutImport
>
> See for screenshots
> https://github.com/fransschreuder/OSMScout-ubuntu/wiki
>
> At the moment it is still having some slight stability issues, but I am
> working on that.

Hello Frans,

I have checked the Wiki pages. Thanks. Now I have two remaining
question:

1) My normal infrastructure is FreeBSD. Is this tool OSMScoutImport
portable written and in what?

2) How I could get the app OSMScout itself into my BQ r22? I have never
compiled any app from source and I think I do not have the needed Ubuntu
infrastructure for this.

Thanks

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211    +49-176-38902045
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."