Re: Bootloop after installing OTA4

You need to use ubuntu-device-flash from a ppa, as advised here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/602035/how-do-i-use-ubuntu-device-flash-with-the-bq-aquaris-e4-5-and-aquaris-e5

Unfortunately, the version in the trusty archive has not been updated in a
long while, and the --recovery-image option needed for 'production' devices
is not supported.

You can use any of the ubuntu-device-flash incantations with
--recovery-image, so you don't need to use --bootstrap or --wipe, both of
which wipe your userdata.

If you're feeling cautious, you could also use fastboot to flash or boot
the recovery with adb enabled, and then use that access to do whatever
maintenance/backup you want to do to the filesystem, eg:

fastboot boot recovery recovery-krillin.img

(use the recovery linked in the answer above)