Re: Ubuntu phones for electronic/robotics prototyping

hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 17.06.2015, 10:43 +0100 schrieb Jouni Helminen:
> Was reading the Hacker News commentary on the new RPi case, and many
> people were wondering why not use phones for things we use RPi for,
> since phones are very cheap now and have a lot of extra hardware built
> in - sensors, display, connectivity.

> Has anyone done any experimentation  ie. adding a USB GPIO breakout
> board to an Ubuntu phone? using something like
>
> https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12633
>
> or
>
> http://circuitcellar.com/cc-blog/turn-your-android-device-into-an-application-tool/

you should take a look at ubuntu snappy then ... it will replace the
underlying system on the phone within the next few months (latest by
april release, likely a lot earlier) and is already used for drones and
robotics today ... with that re-using a phone as a "robot-brain" will be
a breeze ...

ciao
	oli