Re: Developer support

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 10:02 PM, Daniel Wood <s.d.wood.82@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Where are developers supposed to get support when developing Ubuntu touch
> software?
>
> I am using Ubuntu 14.10 and the most up todate SDK I am having an
> incredibly frustrating time trying to write even the simplest of apps. I
> understand QML, C++ and some javascript. I've been writing software using
> Qt for almost 10 years so i thought developing Ubuntu apps would be fun.
>
> When i want to find information I go to the Ubuntu SDK
> https://developer.ubuntu.com/api/apps/qml/sdk-15.04/ and look through the
> documentation. The trouble is the documentation is lacking any real content
> and examples. Many of the links are dead and simply ask the user to file a
> bug report.
>
> Many of the examples don't work with the latest SDK and many start with:
>
> import QtQuick 2.4
> import Ubuntu.Components 1.2
>
> These don’t seem to be available in the SDK?
>
> I posted to IRC many times and never got a reply and i really don't know
> where to turn.
>
> Hi Daniel :)

I'm sorry to hear that, #ubuntu-touch and #ubuntu-app-devel are usually
very active channels, and many canonical employees and community members
spend a lot of their time there trying to help whoever is in need :)

As others have said already, you can also try AskUbuntu if you want an
alternative platform. If I were you, I'd just give IRC another go :)

In the meanwhile, please report more details about your problems here :)

In particular, about those imports, they are already available in the
latest sdk release ;)