Re: debugging from ubuntu-sdk

Hi Frans and all,

may be this does not help your problem, but I had a similar situation:

I wanted to debug some application on ubuntu snappy on beaglebone black.
There is no gdbserver integrated in snappy.

I asked on mailing list "snappy-app-devel" how to do.
Michael Nelson send me a link to Michael Terry's deb2snap at https://launchpad.net/deb2snap to generate a snappy with gdbserver. May be this is applicable to ubuntu touch? Loic Minier suggested to integrate gdbserver into the snappy distribution and told me to file abug (#1456340) in launchpad. You may find the mail exchange in the mailing list archive under the subject "gdbserver in snappy on beaglebone black".

I think it would be a good support for application developers, if gdbserver is integrated "by default" or by simple "installation of dev tools" into ubuntu touch and ubuntu snappy. To my opinion, if we have good documentation and good tools, there will be more and more developers more productively develop more and more and more applications... ;-)

Best regards
Hans