Re: OTA 4 bugs and bugs not fixed

Fully agreed. Especially with the concept of convergence in mind.

It will be much more practical to connect the phone with bluetooth mouse
and keyboard rather than corded peripherals.

Also, if Ubuntu wants to present itself as an alternative to Android, it is
crucial that it gets these basics right

On Wednesday, 17 June 2015, Christian Dywan <christian.dywan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hey Mark,
> I think what's happening here is not that nobody's taking it seriously,
but the expectation of quality fundamentally changed with the launch of
phones. On any phone or tablet bluetooth is indeed essential but
historically not on laptops or desktops.
> In my experience anyway using bluetooth keyboards, mouses and headsets on
latops is a mixed experience where switching a device or bluetooth support
on the machine itself is often needed to get things going, much like a kick
or slap on an old tele.
> Once it works, it works very well. But there's always a chance it doesn't
when it should. Just recently after an update on my laptop all devices went
from connecting with a slight delay to requiring me to on-off once or twice
again, which can be inconvenient when I'm spending 5 minutes getting my
headset to work and need to use it. Some race condition by the looks of it.
> So, not to disagree it is critical, but I think it's really something
that involves a bit of a cultural change.
> Regards,
>     Christian
>
> Am Mi, 17. Jun, 2015 um 10:50 schrieb Mark J Galea <markjgalea@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Hi all
> My impression is that the bluetooth issue is not being taken seriously at
all by Canonical. I keep reiterating that this is a safety issue.
> I ditched my Samsung GS5 for the Ubuntu phone and I am generally
satisfied with the device. My biggest complaint is that there is a safety
issue that needs to be given priority. I have been flagging the bluetooth
connectivity issue for a long time through the feedback app on the phone,
the askubuntu site, and by contacting BQ directly.
> I own a Mazda3 - 2014 model equipped with an entertainment system that
connects to the phone via bluetooth. I spend a long time in the car
travelling to client locations and I receive a lot of calls while i'm on
the move.
> Unfortunately, every time I try to pair my phone with the car system, the
car doesn't detect my phone while my phone detects the car as a headset
with a fair signal. Now that the phone is moving towards convergence - a
big plus for me as I can ditch my laptop while travelling - it is essential
to have the phone connected to the car. I cannot Keep holding my phone
while driving.
> As a business consultant for start-up businesses, I have been encouraging
clients to adopt Ubuntu (I also wrote a blog on LinkedIn -
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/give-ubuntu-try-mark-j-galea?trk=prof-post).
But bluetooth connectivity is essential for people who, like me, are always
on the move.