Side Staging apps that are either locked in portrait and allowable in landscape

Hey all,

I was going to file a bug against a number of apps that I think need to add
the ability to be side-staged on a tablet. Not very many apps besides
System Settings, Phone, Messaging, and Contacts have a side stage on
tablet. Many of the core apps should (IMO, such as Clock, Calculator,
Weather (in its recent design), and maybe others). But, I first wanted to
make sure it's possible to be both 1) a side staged app and 2) either lock
rotation on a phone or allow rotation on a phone. For instance, of the
examples that I want to have a side stage, calculator should be allowed to
rotate (IMO) on a phone--the others can probably be locked.

To be clear, I think many apps need to still add the side stage entry to
the desktop file--I just want to make sure the underlying components allows
for rotation AND the ability to side stage an app.

VIctor

Follow ups