Re: Dekko && how to change IMAP password

El día Monday, July 06, 2015 a las 10:50:55AM +0100, Dan Chapman escribió:

> >> This is most likely the server didn't kick the currently live connection
> >> after your password change on the server, so Dekko will continue to
> >> function as normal. It won't be until Dekko is asked to authenticate
> >> that it finds out the known credentials are invalid and will prompt for
> >> a re-entry.
> >
> > I definitely restarted Dekko a few times after changing the pw in the
> > server; Dekko never complained about the wrong (old) password. Only after
> > restarting the BQ, the password request was raised.
> >
> > 	matthias
> >
> Sounds like a bug in the server then if it allowed an invalid password.

Even if I do not think the OutLook is a good software, it was not like
this. When I was surprised that Dekko could re-connect to the server with
the old password, I run a test with some other MUA configured as well
for this Microsoft server, and the other MUA was rejected with "login
failed". Then I restarted Dekko again and checked the logfile and could
not see anything about a login in to the server, it looked more that
Dekko was using some already connected framework. It's a pity that I did
not saved the file .cache/upstart/application-click-dekko.dekkoproject_dekko_*.lo*
I should have done this, because now it's not there anymore (which is
perhaps another bug, deleting log information after end of Dekko).

I will (when I have some time) change the pw again and check what I can
debug.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/  +49-176-38902045