wifi connecting to unauthenticated hotspots in preference to authenticated known hotspots

Hi all,

I am finding that the phone has a tendency to connect to open hotspots, which is a bit of a pain because they are normally captive portals that I don't want to connect to, it means that mobile data stops working because it tries to use a broken wifi connection and it means that when I go to a place where there is a hotspot that it has got credentials for it sometimes picks up the open hotspot next door. Can it be set to not auto-connect to any open hotspot?

Alan.

Follow ups