Re: No Network Error

On Tue, 21/7/15, K1773R <K1773R@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] No Network Error
 To: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Tuesday, 21 July, 2015, 16:01

 -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED
 MESSAGE-----

 On 14.07.2015 16:38, Tony Espy wrote:
 > On 07/14/2015 06:24 AM, Bry Wilson
 wrote:
 >> Hi Ubuntu List,
 >>
 >> I don't
 think I've seen any one else with this bug - I
 checked
 >> the Ubuntu Touch Launchpad
 Bugs page and found nothing - and

 would expect this one to be a critical one, which makes me
 wonder
 >> if I'm the only person
 seeing this!

 > As
 15.10 is a development release, things will unfortunately
 break
 > from time-to-time.  In this
 particular case, the way USB devices

 are named was changed and this broke mobile data on some
 Nexus
 > devices.
 >
 >> I'm running 15.10 devel-proposed
 on a Nexus 4 and since r231 (at

 least that's the one I last remember it working on)
 I've had an
 >> unusual problem.
 Basically, I can't make or receive calls or
 >> texts without an active WiFi
 connection :-|

 > We
 have a fix which is currently being silo tested and should
 land
 > in wily soon:
 >

 > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ofono/+bug/1467640
 >
 > Regards, /tony

 After OTA5 for the Nexus 4 im
 also affected by this. No Calls/Messages
 possible until i have an active Wifi
 connection.

I'm also affected by this - not sure if it's related to the original bug or a completely new issue.  I get reception bars and, unlike the original bug, my network name displays in the top menu, but I don't get any call or SMS connectivity until I connect to either a wireless network or unless I enable mobile data.