Re: [Call for testing] Wi-Fi Hotspots (Internet tethering)

--
Marco A. Harrendorf

Am Donnerstag, den 23.07.2015, 10:22 +0200 schrieb Jonas Drange:
> Hi all,
>
> On 23 July 2015 at 02:10, lgd <linuxgehtned@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > but there is no
> > ​ ​
> > menu entry for wifi hotspot.
> >

> ​On what device was this? Also, please note that the entry is currently not
> under Wi-Fi, but Cellular/Mobile.​
>
> On 23 July 2015 at 04:59, Mitchell Reese <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Yep, also on rc-proposed with bq, and would love some more instructions on
> > how to test the wifi hotspot
>

> ​Silos are just PPAs <http://askubuntu.com/a/4987/68921> [1], but the phone
> system is read-only by default. If you install the “phablet-tools-citrain
> <https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/start/ubuntu-for-devices/installing-ubuntu-for-devices/#prepare-desktop>”
> [2]​ package on your laptop, plug in your phone (assuming developer mode is
> enabled
> <https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/start/ubuntu-for-devices/installing-ubuntu-for-devices/#enabling-dev-mode>
> [3]),
> and run (still on the laptop):
>
> citrain device-upgrade 46 1234
>
> # where 46 is the silo number and 1234 is the pass code on the phone
>
> # see citrain -h for more options

I followed this procedure, but cannot see the option to activate the
hotspot. I filled a bug report in this regard and also attached the
required log file.

Nevertheless, thanks for the continous improvement of the user
experience on Ubuntu Touch!

Marco