Re: Alarm clock reliability

Hi

On 25.07.2015 15:59, Marcin Xc wrote:
> What I hate about smartphones :-) (yep, there we go again;-)))) and miss
> from old Nokia phones is the reliable alarm clock. I mean we could set
> it then kill the battery so that the phone turned off but the alarm
> clock would ring and wake us up. Are the smartphones only so smart while
> turned on? Is the whole system so down after turning off that the alarm
> clock can't work any more?

Yes, I agree on this topic. While all the old phones I had were 100%
reliable as an alarm clock, I cannot completely trust any Ubuntu,
Android or iOS device to get the job done...

Here's some bugs I reported related to this:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1420169
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ux/+bug/1317860

While the reliability of Nokia phones probably could only be achieved by
adding a micro-system, just bootet in case the alarm should ring in a
low battery condition, fixes for the above two would probably get us
very close to a good solution I'd say.

Br,
Michael