Re: Alarm clock reliability

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Michael Zanetti <
michael.zanetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 25.07.2015 15:59, Marcin Xc wrote:
> > What I hate about smartphones :-) (yep, there we go again;-)))) and miss
> > from old Nokia phones is the reliable alarm clock. I mean we could set
> > it then kill the battery so that the phone turned off but the alarm
> > clock would ring and wake us up. Are the smartphones only so smart while
> > turned on? Is the whole system so down after turning off that the alarm
> > clock can't work any more?
>
> Yes, I agree on this topic. While all the old phones I had were 100%
> reliable as an alarm clock, I cannot completely trust any Ubuntu,
> Android or iOS device to get the job done...

I agree this is must-have, alarm clock has to be reliable. The problem is,
when I was
discussing exactly this topic with some of my friends (not working for
Canonical), they
didn't seem to care about it. Some of them told me "if you want a reliable
alarm you
don't use a phone, you use a proper alarm". So, yeah...some people are not
used
to having a reliable alarm phone anymore, so they don't even expect that
feature
to be available, and this gives it a lower priority on roadmaps :(

(by the way, those are my own opinions)