Re: No Network Error

Hi there, This is still an issue. No network if no wireless connection. Pretty annoying. Please fix asap. Thanks.

Pat

On Thursday, July 23, 2015 8:35:39 AM AEST, Tony Espy wrote:
On 07/22/2015 10:56 AM, Phil wrote:
On Tue, 21/7/15, K1773R <K1773R@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] No Network Error
  To: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Date: Tuesday, 21 July, 2015, 16:01

  -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED
  MESSAGE-----

  On 14.07.2015 16:38, Tony Espy wrote:
  > On 07/14/2015 06:24 AM, Bry Wilson
  wrote:
  >> Hi Ubuntu List,
  >>
  >> I don't
  think I've seen any one else with this bug - I
  checked
  >> the Ubuntu Touch Launchpad
  Bugs page and found nothing - and

  would expect this one to be a critical one, which makes me
  wonder
  >> if I'm the only person
  seeing this!

  > As
  15.10 is a development release, things will unfortunately
  break
  > from time-to-time.  In this
  particular case, the way USB devices

  are named was changed and this broke mobile data on some
  Nexus
  > devices.
  >
  >> I'm running 15.10 devel-proposed
  on a Nexus 4 and since r231 (at

  least that's the one I last remember it working on)
  I've had an
  >> unusual problem.
  Basically, I can't make or receive calls or
  >> texts without an active WiFi
  connection :-|

  > We
  have a fix which is currently being silo tested and should
  land
  > in wily soon:
  >

  > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ofono/+bug/1467640
  >
  > Regards, /tony

  After OTA5 for the Nexus 4 im
  also affected by this. No Calls/Messages
  possible until i have an active Wifi
  connection.

I'm also affected by this - not sure if it's related to the original bug or a completely new issue. I get reception bars and, unlike the original bug, my network name displays in the top menu, but I don't get any call or SMS connectivity until I connect to either a wireless network or unless I enable mobile data.

Turns out there was regression on mako with OTA5. If there's no network connection ( WiFi or mobile ), the phone can assume this means there's no network at all. Here's the bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/telepathy-ofono/+bug/1476781

The cause has been identified, and a fix is in-progress and will be released as a hotfix ( ie. independent of an OTA ).

Regards,
/tony

--
Sent using Dekko from my Ubuntu device