SDK status update - July

Hi all,

After some holidays influenced silence here I go with the SDK news.

On the UITK front we have been focusing on the convergence features and critical bugfixes targeting OTA5/OTA6:

- BottomEdgeHint component
- AdaptivePageLayout component - minimal API supporting automatic lay outing of maximum 2 columns page stack.
- Sections component
- ListItem context menu showing leading and trailing actions
- New header visuals with re-usable subcomponents
- ListItem bugs blocking core app transitioning to 1.2 and 1.3 ListItem style.
- UbuntuShape dropshadow
- The https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/telephony-service/+bug/1372061 Fix will land with OTA6
- Text input - select/insert/contextual menu behaviour

With the tools and IDE the focus was on improving usability

- The Autopilot plugin [1] is integrated to the Ubuntu SDK for Vivid, no hard dependency yet so developers can opt out (big hands to Akiva)
- Fixes of many annoying  bugs. Few examples ->
    - LP: #1340061: "Some dialogs have unreadable (too small) text"
    - LP: #1461014 "Match application name to click package name"
- LP: #1461026 "Kits creation for a project should match targeted framework"

In following few weeks we are going to work on:

- Scope components
- Scope filter components
- Card components (related to scope filter components)
- BottomEdge component
- ListItem layout templates
- ListItem expansion support
- Improve Label component performance
- Context- and Application Menus

And we will address one of the most important domain from the point of application development experience, the application starttime: - Evaluate and benchmark the compiled QML . For this we needed to refactor the UITK source tree - Evaluate and propose change to use exec() instead of fork() in the mapplauncherd. This tool still is not an official candidate. In fact it is far from it. But we want to measure and see numbers.

cheers,

bzoltan