Re: Application startup

Hi,

In my view Tyler Hicks had explained [1], [2], [3] the security issues perefctly why we can not take the mapplauncher in use in its present implementation.

The problem actually was fairly simple... fork() is not good but exec() is safe.

So with Zeller Benjamin we have created a version of the mapplauncher [4] what is doing the right thing. The next step is to profile and document the performance impact of this solution on the application startup times.

Next week you will hear more about that. If the results are promising then we can discuss about how to proceed. If not :) then we can say that we have properly investigated this possibility.

cheers,

bzoltan

[1] https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg14542.html
[2] https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg14531.html