Re: making C written apps for the BQ (vivid)

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 9:42 PM, Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> El día Sunday, August 09, 2015 a las 09:16:44PM +0200, Oliver Grawert
> escribió:
>
> > hi,
> >
> > Am Sonntag, den 09.08.2015, 20:42 +0200 schrieb Matthias Apitz:
> >
> > > This is really cool :-)
> > >
> > if your source allows it you could also just build a static binary ;)
>
> I could even manage to run the MUA 'mutt' which I have installed in the
> jail from outside the jail; but the sending of mails fail because mutt
> can not authenticate with the SMTP server with SASL2; in the BG r24 a
> package is missing:
>
> # apt-get install libsasl2-module
>
> Is it possible to include this in one of the next rNN, should a file a bug
> issue
> for this?

Hi Matthias,

In general, it's always best to file a bug to track such requests. While
the mailing list is great for an initial discussion, in the end, the bugs
are what are used to track and schedule features and fixes.

Note that adding a new package will probably require the requester to make
a good case (in the report) for why the package should be in the image, as
adding packages on the seeds means consuming more space in the images and
more maintenance.

Cheers,
David.