Landing team 13.08.15

Hello everyone,

Today, because of a slight mistake, one of the developers pushed a new
HERE version that worked only on rc-proposed images, thus breaking
existing stable phones after upgrading the package. This change has been
swiftly reverted with another upload. We apologize for the inconvenience
- the package was not signed-off by QA before landing, which is
something we will make sure won't happen again. Big thanks to popey for
noticing and informing us about it.

OTA-6 work is ongoing. The new custom tarball uploads are scheduled for
Friday tomorrow, hopefully landing on the same day. Besides this, there
is one more feature that will still land this week - the QML-based
background playlist support (if it passes QA sign-off of course). Other
than that - only bugfixes.

The emulator issues are still being worked on. There should be visible
progress around end-of-week.

And finally, sending out a reminder announcement for everyone:
Please DO NOT use the devel/devel-proposed channels for your phones if
not needed. The devel channels are based off wily which is and will
*not* be the focus for touch. Even more: in the near future we have no
plans of even switching our stable phones to that baseline. This means
that all the feature development actually happens on the vivid-based
channels, e.g. stable, rc and rc-proposed. If you want to run a
latest-development channel (at your own risk), at least use the
rc-proposed channels instead. There are no reasons for using that
channel - we are doing only bare minimum QA on those channels, so the
risk of your devices being broken is really high.
This might sound a bit strong but we simply don't want users to get the
wrong impression by using the wrong channels.

Thank you!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#96 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/96.commitlog
#95 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/95.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
devel : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/wily/touch/
rc : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch_stable/

#276 devel-proposed/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/wily/touch/mako/276:20150802:20150708/13433/

#216 rc-proposed/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch_stable/mako/216:20150813:20150529.1/13517/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (stable):

** [vivid-overlay] unity8 fails to start on the emulator
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1458694

* Blocking issues (devel):

** [vivid-overlay] unity8 fails to start on the emulator
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1458694

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307
 => Merge requests present

* Known issues:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

** OTA update: lower user click not updated by custom tarball higher click
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1479001

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.

Best regards,