Re: Landing team 13.08.15

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak <lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please DO NOT use the devel/devel-proposed channels for your phones if
not needed.

Perhaps then we should stop recommending devel for those wishing to "track the latest development" on developer.ubunutu.com [1]? Although devel hasn't been updated in four months, so maybe that's supposed to be self-evident.

 This means
that all the feature development actually happens on the vivid-based
channels, e.g. stable, rc and rc-proposed.

Neither stable or rc have images for manta or flo. Should we be on rc-proposed, or would it be better to stay on the (stale) devel channel?

This might sound a bit strong but we simply don't want users to get the
wrong impression by using the wrong channels.

When I asked four months ago about flo, I was specifically told to use devel. Was that wrong at the time, or did things change? Was there an announcement of the change? If this is such a concern, the documentation [1] really ought to be updated.

Robert

[1] https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/, section "Channel selection guide"