Re: compiling and running the Telegram client telegram-cli on BQ (r24)

On 13 August 2015 at 18:44, Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I willing to put hands on this, but I would need some guiding to make a
> click package from the source tree after fetching this from

Awesome.

> bzr branch lp:ubuntu-terminal-app/reboot
>
> mostly because I'm not used to this Ubuntu SDK and the tool chain behind
> this. Once the terminal app click package is there, I think I know how
> to add the existing (but not working) mut click packga.

I tend to build mine (outside the SDK) like this:-

Setup an armhf schroot:-

$ sudo click chroot -a armhf -f ubuntu-sdk-15.04 create

I would also make one for amd64 and i386 because I may want to make a
"fat" package containing binaries for phone and laptop/desktop
computers too. The SDK doesn't yet support this directly using cmake
so we kinda fudge it a bit.

$ sudo click chroot -a amd64 -f ubuntu-sdk-15.04 create
$ sudo click chroot -a i386 -f ubuntu-sdk-15.04 create

# When I want to build, I just navigate to where the code is, and run
this "make_fat_package.sh" script:-

http://paste.ubuntu.com/12072962/

(which I got from Dan Chapman).

This basically builds for all 3 arches and then crams all three builds
into one click package. There's a few apps in the store built like
this.

If you only want one arch, just change line 12 in that script.

Some things will need dependencies installing inside the schroot. You
can get a shell inside the schroot with this:-

$ sudo click chroot -a armhf -f ubuntu-sdk-15.04 maint

You can then use the standard apt commands to get whatever
dependencies are needed. Note that you need to specify the
architecture if you're installing dev packages inside the schroot such
as:-

$ apt-get install libfoo-dev:armhf

Hope that helps. Here's the typical output of me running
"make_fat_package.sh" against terminal.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/12073031/

Alan Pope
Community Manager