Re: [Development] Override user agent string in WebApp

Hey Peter,

When you say desktop right now that basically means X11 without any confinement in place and no lifecycle enforcement, so applications run happily and battery wastfully in the background at all times.

On the other hand anything running Ubuntu Personal with Mir as the display server, which is most likely a phone (but can also be a tablet or desktop if you're adventorous) pauses apps once they go into the background. They won't be able to keep track of updates let alone send a notification. This is why push notifications are needed. A background service will do the checking for updates and bring the application in the foreground if the user opens the notification.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer.

Regards,
   Christian