Landing team 18.08.15

Hello everyone,

A busy landing day today. With the final freeze planned for the end of
day, developers and QA are doing their best to get as many fixes in as
possible. One silo with new features is still in progress as the changes
seemed more regression-prone than expected, but there's still hope it
will land in time - besides that, fixes fixes fixes.
We will be spinning the first promotion candidate later today. It will
not be the final candidate though, as we already know that there will be
a respin needed for one camera fix to land. But testing of all the other
components can happen in parallel.

Today we finally fixed emulator builds as well. Sadly the emulator is
still broken due to a bug in UITK - still in progress. OTA-6 is blocked
if the emulator does not work but we will not be blocking testing of the
main devices on that. Once the fix is ready we will re-spin the emulator
images with the fix and continue with the release.

Translations have been uploaded to the overlay as well. Big thanks to
Martin Pitt for running langpack-o-matic and hacking around the language
packs to get everything working correctly!

More news tomorrow.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#102 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/102.commitlog
#100 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/100.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
devel : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/wily/touch/
rc : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch_stable/

#283 devel-proposed/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/wily/touch/mako/283:20150818:20150812/13568/

#220 rc-proposed/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch_stable/mako/220:20150818.1:20150818/13578/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (stable):

** [vivid-overlay] unity8 fails to start on the emulator
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1458694

* Blocking issues (devel):

** [vivid-overlay] unity8 fails to start on the emulator
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1458694

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307
 => Merge requests present

* Known issues:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

** OTA update: lower user click not updated by custom tarball higher click
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1479001

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.

Best regards,