Re: Lock Screen

The circle on the welcome screen could be used for more than just
showing some information.

In fact it takes a while to understand how to see more than just a
single piece of information (tapping on the circle twice). I had hoped
there would be more "circle magic" when I unwrapped my beloved Ubuntu
Phone for the first time. Also, I feel it's sad that instead of using
the circle you slide the welcome screen aside to unlock the phone. It
could be used more to give the Ubuntu Phone a distinct identity,
avoiding to blindly copy the concepts of iOS and Android.

See theses two threads, for example:
https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg14770.html ("Changing Info
On The Welcome Screen")
https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg14913.html ("Ubuntu Touch