Re: Preparing for larger images

On 27.08.2015 13:17, Thomas A. Moulton wrote:
 From watching the various updates my Tablet (flo) has received, aren't
the OTA updates deltas? If so, then would it be expected to have >500MB
of changes between updates often? In the most recent update I think I
saw about 148MB downloaded.

Think about the case where we upgrade the second rootfs from 14.04 to 16.04 or similar cases.

Could this be a temporary problem, because aren't  we going to migrate
to a Snappy based system at some point? Then with the System-ab
partitions some of the rules may change, such as writing updates to
System-B while we're running in A, not requiring a single download to
have everything.

That would still imply a change to the partitioning which is quite critical on production devices. For a fresh made device this might work but would still be depending on the size of our partitions we setup.

regards,
Simon