Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bileto improvements, Dashboard deprecation

On Aug 27, 2015 11:33 PM, "Alberto Mardegan" <alberto.mardegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 08/27/2015 03:17 AM, Robert Park wrote:
> > Anyway, take it for a spin, please let me know what you think!
> > Hopefully this is helpful ;-)
>
> I'd like the search box to act as a filter, or have a checkbox which

Is not clear to me how "act as a filter" is different than the current
behavior. You mean filter the displayed requests without making an ajax
request? That would not work due to the way the api is paginated, so if you
did a filter search, it wouldn't show things from subsequent pages and
you'd get mysterious behavior like a new request that's hidden by the
filter pushing a request you want to see into the second page, effectively
hiding it without any clue why.

> toggles whether landed requests are shown.

"Toggles" are hard because it would need to make an ajax request when you
turn it on or off, which would be slow.

> I don't have any requests filed under my name, but still I want to see
> all requests made by dbarth (who generally creates the requests for our
> team) which need attention.

I know the ui doesn't expose this, but just bookmark this, it works even if
you're logged out:

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/#/user/dbarth

The /user/ endpoint was created specifically to show pending requests and
hide landed/abandoned ones for any user.

I'm open to suggestions on how to make that more usable. Two search boxes
side by side, one for searching users and one for searching other fields? I
guess i could linkify the lander names to that user page rather than to the
launchpad page which is the current link target.

Technically the backend api supports decent "advanced" searching on a per
field basis but i have no ui for this either. You can manually fiddle the
urls to do advanced searching if you want, eg:

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/#/tickets?qa_signoff=Ready%20for%20QA&status=Packages%20built

Supported fields are defined here:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/+branch/bileto/view/head:/tickets/models.py#L131

> Currently this is very hard to do, because the board is filled with
> landed requests, and it's difficult to have a clear overview of the
> current situation.

This is only true if you are using the search box.