Re: Using 64bit Android BSPs with Ubuntu

I like the sound of multiarch for two reasons:

 - It trivially guarantees compatibility for all the apps in the store today
 - It allows us to make use of 64 bit whenever it is useful

If we forgo the second advantage, we could just boot the kernel & android
container in 64 bit, and continue booting Ubuntu as a 32bit system. I've
documented this in a diagram here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/ContainerArchitecture

in the section: "mixed-containers, 32bit Ubuntu, 64bit Android". It seems
this would enable us to start using 64bit Android BSPs as a device specific
feature of the device tarball, and then we can migrate Ubuntu to 64bit or
multiarch at a time of our own choosing (ie, we're not dictated to by the
availability of android BSPs).

Unless there's any reason this scheme shouldn't work, I would like to
propose it as the initial way we use 64bit android BSPs.