Re: update to r25 failed somehow

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> El día Sunday, September 13, 2015 a las 12:28:37PM +0200, Matthias Apitz
> escribió:
>
> > > After the vacation I have updated today my BQ 4.5 and the one of my
> > > wife to r25. Both updates went without any problem and mine does not
> show
> > > any issue.
> > >
> > > The one of my wife shows in About the device window:
> > >
> > > number: -1 (and not r25)
> > > last updated: never
> > >
> > > version: Ubuntu 15.04-armhf (20150825-170536)
> > >
> > > What went wrong and what can I do? I'm afraid that the next update will
> > > fail completely now because it can not see the current version.
> > >
> > > Apart of this the device is working.
> >
> > I filed a bug report in lp:
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1495207
>
> In addition to the described problems: it is not possible to administer
> the scopes anymore; one can pull the menu up from the bottom, but can
> not do any change there.
>
> What shall I do with that broken device? Reset to factory state? Any
> other advise to help?

Most likely you need to perform a factory reset. There are ways to
diagnose, however
it would probably be less demanding to reset the phone.
If the GUI option for the factory reset does not work,
then you may have to use ubuntu-device-flash.
It is weird that your wife's phone got the issue. Have there been changes
like apt-get
or something similar that would give a hint as a cause of the issue?

Simos