Scopes not working without WiFi

Hi all,

I know this mailing list is not a place to report bugs, but I'm not sure where I should file this one.

I use a bq 4.5 as my only phone, and overall, I'm quite happy with it. One of the major problem I have concerns certain scopes, those hosted by Canonical I believe.

Scopes like the Ubuntu Store, Reddit, Ebay, 7Digital or the Weather Channel don't work if I'm not connected to a WiFi network. It loads and stops after a while, completely blank. My 3G (well, H) connection seems fine and I can use the browser and webapps with reasonable speed. Other scopes like Wikipedia, Yelp or Youtube are working OK. All scopes work as expected over WiFi.

Obviously I can't use those scopes – no weather on my Today scope :(

The Ubuntu Store is the biggest problem, since it means that I can't install/uninstall anything or even view a specific app's page (to see ratings, what's new in the latest version…) unless I'm home.

Also, I can't look for updates without WiFi. The problem is the same: loading, then timeout.

Is it possible that my operator (Free mobile, in France) blocks some URLs, like dash.ubuntu.com? I'm saying this because I have a very similar problem when I try to access websites hosted on my small Ubuntu server: it does not work in 3G. I guess the problem lies somewhere else, since there are other Ubuntu phone owners using Free mobile and I have never heard/read of a problem like that, but still…

Anyway, I'm confused, so should I file a bug? Where should I file it?

Thanks for all your work!

Guillaume

Follow ups