Re: Scopes not working without WiFi

On Thu, 2015-09-17 at 15:23 +0200, Guillaume F wrote:
> In that case, should I still file a bug against unity-scope-click?

I think not. This sounds like more of an issue with general network
access when on cellular data, and is not limited to the scopes, or even
to Ubuntu given what you said below.

> Then again, I could be a bit paranoid, but couldn't the operator be
> responsible for this selective slowdowns? I have the same problem with
> my self-hosted websites, and I discovered it with my previous
> (Android) phone. Question is, why would Free mobile block some
> websites, and what could I do about it?

It doesn't sound like they are actually blocking the sites outright.
However, there are many things that could be simply causing you to have
almost no bandwidth available. The operator could be limiting the
bandwidth, or you could just have incredibly poor latency on the
connection, which can cause such issues. They could also be forcing
connections through a proxy that causes various things to break. It's
hard for me to say really, since I'm not in France, and not on their
network.

To debug further, you may need to do some low level network debugging
with command line tools, by creating a chroot on the phone and
installing the tools within it. I'm not sure if your operator will
provide tech support if you're using Ubuntu, but if you have an Android
phone showing the same issues, maybe you can consult the operator for
support, to help find out what the issue is?