Re: Fixing Volume Controls

On 21.09.2015 11:49, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Monday, September 21, 2015 a las 11:43:32AM +0200, Sebastien Bacher escribió:
>
>> Le 21/09/2015 11:04, Matthias Apitz a écrit :
>>> +1
>>>
>>> I second this. The hardware buttons should primarely control the volume
>>> of the ring tone and the sound during the voice call. Multimedia should
>>> use them too or have their own slider control.
>>
>> I agree with the other replies, if no application is open the buttons
>> should control the ringtone.
>> If an application is open then it can control the multimedia role.
>
> On an incoming call the buttons must always control the ringtone,
> regardless of device locked or any other app in forground.

Yes... fair points. I agree....

Anyhow, my main point is really to not have multiple different roles
"within" a single app and also not switch all the time. I.e. while
playing a game the buttons should always control the game's volumes, not
the ringtone, and especially not jump back and forth between that all
the time like it does now.

Obviously, the notification should visually indicate which role it is
controlling.