Re: The problem with "no background processing for apps"

On 1 October 2015 at 15:52, Michał Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would love for us to have this discussion in a manner "I have this use
> case, how do you plan / how can we enable it in the given constraints"
> instead of plain "you don't support this, change it!".

Where would you propose we track these use cases? And what criteria do
we use for determining their validity, priority and so on?

I too would love to see some of these use cases fixed. I've had a few
apps ideas which never got off the drawing board because I know the
lack of background processing kills the ideas dead, so I'm as
interested as everyone to know what path I can take, and what
expectations I should have.

Alan Pope
Community Manager

Canonical - Product Strategy