Introducing Pilot; an app for testing

Since the initial announcement of a Ubuntu phone, the community has been involved with finding bugs, fixing things, developing apps, and helping make the phone what it is today. As time went on, users have been asking for an easier way to help test new versions of Ubuntu, new core apps, new services, etc. I agreed with them and longed for an easy to use application that would allow an enthusiast to help run needed tests and communicate the results.

Today, I'd like to introduce a new application that is based on the excellent work by the checkbox team called Pilot. This application is the culmination of that dream. Pilot allows you to run manual tests on your device and submit your results back to the QA team within Canonical. You can execute tests on your phone at any time directly via the application. Application updates will bring new tests that the QA team wishes to target.

So try the app out. Run through the tests and submit results. And then also let us know what you think of using the application. It's my desire to make the act of testing simple enough for you to do whenever the mood strikes! Otherwise you might just play Falldown[1] instead :p

Nicholas

1. http://rpadovani.com/falldown-010/

Follow ups