Re: The problem with "no background processing for apps"

On Thu, 2015-10-01 at 16:29 +0100, Alan Bell wrote:
> I have a use case, where I sometimes want to use the terminal to open
> an SSH session somewhere, launch byobu and do some stuff, then flip to
> a web browser, look something up, then flip back to the ssh session,
> which has now dropped because it has been put to sleep.

I just tested this on my phone, opened an SSH connection, switched app
and locked the phone. Forgot about it. Returned to it 40 mins later, and
the connection was still working. So, this appears to be working fine
for me.

The only caveat, is that the process gets stopped and is not
automatically restored; you have to run 'fg' manually to restore it.
I've mentioned this many times, but has still not been fixed.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1397119